Finally sailing towards the equator to bring more pirate spirit to Spain!
On May 10th, we stopped in the port of Mediatic in Barcelona. An interactive crowd, high quality startups and fifty eager pirates were awaiting us with full piratey ARRRsomeness.
Our special thanks go out to our matey Giulia Motteran. Your tremendous efforts have made this event only possible – muchas gracias for your support. We would also like to thank Barcelona Activa and Estrella for the great venue and the sponsoring.
We are still astonished by the amazing event, thanks to the high quality jury panel with Victor Horcasitas from Barcelona Ventures and Rasmus Bjerngaard from Northcap. You’ve made the panel discussion an ARRRdventure.
Meet the pitching startups here:
- Carrot is an eHealth-App to create gourmet meals with the contents of your fridge.
- charterdart is a technology driven yachting company focussing on customer service.
- Dinantia is an all in one communication tool for schools and families.
- ePickbets (ePickBets) is a gamified web platform focussing on eSports, where it is possible to visualize games.
- KangooSave is a contact address book on a Dropbox principle.
- Mammoth Hunters makes following a healthy life easy w/ a completely personalized exercise & nutrition program.
- Sharing Academy is the peer-to-peer tutoring marketplace for university students.
- Squelo uses Artificial Intelligence to match talent with companies on personality & culture.
- textografo.com is a simple diagramming tool to create, update or present a diagram.
- TheCoalition is Co-Living & Co-Working for entrepreneurs.
Barcelona’s #1 is Dinantia – ARRRsome job. Tackling various problems in edtech with a smart and innovative solution, their kick-ass team as well as their already established traction convinced the jury in just 5 minutes. The same goes for Barcelona’s #2, ePickbets – both their unique algorithm as well as their customer engagement sparked interest. Combine that with a market growing 40% year-over-year and you have another safe bet for investors! We’re happy to welcome both of you guys at our walk-the-plank pitch competition at Pirate Summit Cologne!
Aye, we are setting our sails for a long journey through Asian waters and will drop our anchor in Tokyo – stay tuned for more ARRRsomeness.