On May 24th we sailed towards the Netherlands and stopped in the port of rockstart in Amsterdam, where we’ve been well received in an historic ballroom by a canal.
The atmosphere was fantastic, rockstart was an ARRRsome host and sponsored drinks & snacks: cold Heineken and delicious Dutch cheese! So thank you very much for sharing your Dutch dainties. The evening began with Freerk from rockstart giving an intro about rockstart.
Mathijs de Wit from Newion Investment, Timan Rebel from NEXT Investments as well as Esther Emmely Gons (NEXT Investment) were part of jury that had to decide which of the following startups would win the pitch-competition & therefore win the tickets to the Pirate Summit or qualify for the Walk-The-Plank pitch-competition at the Pirate Summit. Thank you very much for joining & helping us to find the best startups from Amsterdam.
Meet the pitching startups:
- Whatagraph.com is a SaaS that simplifies Google Analytics data to presentation-ready #infographic reports
- Fysio24 wants to change the way people prevent and recover from running injuries e.g. with fun & rewarding.
- Count3r.nl is a software for Tablet Assisted Sales focussing on providing more effective salesman in offline retail stores.
- Entelligo: first app to sell solar installations on the spot: from energy audit to sales proposal in 3 steps.
- Falcon is a platform to get convienience goods (e.g. beverages) on demand, connecting the customer with nightshops.
- Zitecraft.com is a website builder that turns Facebook pages of local businesses into high-quality websites.
- liateR is an engaging interactive marketing tool for retailers & brands that want to bridge the gap between offline and online retail.
- Otly A virtual bank for kids run by their parents, that helps to educate their kids to be smart with money.
We are happy to announce that Otly won the pitch competition as 1st place and is qualified to walk the plank at the Pirate Summit. Otly presented some true Pirate energy on stage (despite having the flu) and a convincing product to improve children’s financial literacy in a fun way.
But that’s not all. Count3r won tickets to the Pirate Summit. They fascinated the jury with a solid, convincing business model & traction. Last but not least Falcon won tickets for the Pirate Summit as well. Falcon is a student startup and convinced with the right Pirate attitude!
The most important should not be forgotten:
Our special thanks go out to our matey Elle-Mari Pappel from rockstart who helped us organising the event! We would also like to thank NRW.invest and rockstart for the great venue, the sponsoring & support! Without you all, Pirate Summit Amsterdam wouldn’t have been possibe.
We are still astonished by the amazing atmosphere, thanks to the location, the attendees & high quality jury fireside chat on exploring the Dutch/Amsterdam startup scene. It became clear that one of the special things is, that Amsterdam is very international. The startup scene has changed in the past two years and is now led by expats. The results of the question “Who is dutch?” were very interesting: Maybe 20% or less raised their hands.
After our Pirate Summit Global event in Rotterdam, we are setting our sails towards Turkey and will drop our anchor in Istanbul – stay tuned, Pirates!