After our amazing event in Amsterdam we sailed towards Rotterdam. On May 25th we stopped in the port of Startup Foundation. The event took place in a space that was similar to an auditorium.
The organizers were very welcoming and greeted our Pirate Robbie Bouschery with free pizza & beer. From the beginning the ambience of the event was fantastic and we enjoyed the community feeling of the venue.
First of all we would like to thank the ARRRsome jury for joining us: Big ARRR to Timan Rebel from NEXT Investments, Esther Emmely Gons (NEXT Investment) & Thomas Hannes (Newion Investments), who helped us to find the best startups from Rotterdam.
Also big Thanks to Steven Beeckman, who spoke about StartupBus at Pirate Summit Rotterdam. We’re always happy to have you on board!
And of course we’re very thankful for the help of the local organizers Larry, Leon, Raymond and Simone! Thank you, Pirates.
Hear are the pitching startups:
- 10XL is redefining the world of XL manufacturing combining 3D printing & CNC cutting into one solution.
- Bun.Run: the urban local community driven peer-to-peer logistics platform.
- FiberSail: Prescriptive analytics tool based on real time shape sensing technology for rotor blades.
- Glöck-Tass: real-time trucks fleet management warns you if tires are significantly under-inflated or high-temperature.
- Oma’s Pop-up: lets lonesome elderly cook in a pop-up restaurant to fight against loneliness.
- SailRouter reduces CO2 emissions of ships by finding highways on the sea for each particular ship.
- Vita.io helps you measure, understand and strengthen happiness at work.
- VR/Heroes makes virtuality reality.
We are happy to announce that Vita.io, FiberSail & Oma’s Popup won!
Why did startups win?
Vita.io tackles a worldwide problem of unhappy employees, applying modern technology (chatbots) to the problem and already have significant companies signed up (traction!)
Fiber sail is not a startup you come across every day. They are very focused on high tech for a worldwide industry (wind energy) and combine knowledge and passion.
Oma’s PopUp is touched by a personal story (a lonely Grandmother) decided to solve the problem in a creative way.
After Rotterdam we had a pleasant stay in Istanbul and afterwards #Berlin & #Hamburg waited for us!