We sailed to Turkey, where we stopped in Istanbul!
On May 26th, we dropped our anchor at Atölye, an amazing space in the heart of Istanbul. We could immediately feel the vibe of the local community. We thank Stage-Co for the great support, especially Patrick Bosteels. Of course a big Thanks to iSteps App Ventures and DocCheck Guano AG for supporting our whole Pirate Summit Global tour!
We are still amazed by the wonderful atmosphere. Thanks to the jury Sertac Yakin (Angel Investor), Kaan Akin (Hackquarters), Enis Hulli (500startups), Hakan Gonca (Multinet) we could choose the best pitching startups from Istanbul. Thank you, Pirates, for joining us!
Meet the pitching startups here:
- Erasmusinn is a marketplace to book offcampus student housing.
- Makasla is a platform that brings together the beauty salon professionals and their clients.
- Psikologofisi unites customers & therapists.
- Istanbul&I is A youth community and visual storytelling social startup working to improve the ecosystem of Istanbul
- 1to1consult is an HR portal centered around it’s client/customer.
- Qualify Labs has its own mobile-web test automation system, which helps companies to improve the quality and success of their application.
- Mental Segment – Talking Toys say: The most challenging problem of Autistic children is that they can not communicate easily. Talking Toys helpthem to speak easier with their surroundings
We’re happy to say that ErasmusInn won! They have a great idea, already have traction and think global from a local market perspective. Also Makasla won as an 16-year old founder with incredible willfullness and drive.